How to Store Data?
Three common options for storage are text files, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Easy to create, work well with version control
- But then we have to build search and analysis tools ourselves
- Good for simple analyses
- But don’t handle large or complex data sets well
database (dā’tə-bās’) noun
“A collection of data arranged for ease and speed of search and retrieval by a computer” - The American Heritage® Science Dictionary
- Include powerful tools for search and analysis
- Can handle large, complex data sets.
/ − will be replaced by the title